Pages

15 November 2010

Journey to.... THE BEGINNING OF TIME.

Okay so the title may be a little over exaggeration, I actually just went back to the beginning of when I joined facebook. I joined facebook what could be considered a little late, early 2009. In fact I do recall the only reason I joined was to play 'myFarm' which is rather embarrassing to admit. I had another facebook account back in 2007, and I stopped using it because I neither liked nor understood facebook. But then at the beginning of 2009 I decided to give it another go and well, I never looked back.


I am clearly, such an interesting person

So anyway that was how I came to be on Facebook, I then decided to go along and see what kind of story my facebook told me (apparently, nothing I just 'like' a lot of things). It was quite time consuming which was what I was really going for as I was trying to get out of studying, as you do. I'm such a good student. 

It's funny to think though how much has changed. When I joined facebook, it was only a year and a half ago, I was 16, living with my dad, stepmam, papa and brother, and going to college to do a pointless course, university seemed like a million miles away, as did turning eighteen. I had just started going out with a nice boy, but I didn't imagine we'd be together for as long as we have. 

And yet here I am at 18, attending university studying Psychology and not Journalism like I had intended to back then, living with the nice boy I had started seeing back then in a completely different city. It's nice and it's strange how your life turns out completely differently to the way you expected it. Not saying that this is my life 'turning' out, I'm only eighteen, who knows where I'll be in two years!

I could be living on a boat in Venice for all you know. It could happen (don't even think I want it to happen though...).

Before facebook we all used Bebo, at least all my friends did, does anyone remember Bebo? Oh god it lived a sad, sad, life. And Myspace, oh dearie me. All these websites at the bottom of the social networking garbage pile, it's sad really. 

In other news Christmas is coming soon! I quite enjoy Christmas, as an all round holiday I am very family orientated and it means I get to go home to Shetland to see my family, I love that. Although I hate people who totally rape Christmas by putting up tons of Christmas decorations...

Punch me! Please!

There is just no need, I like subtle decorations. Although my flat will not be being decorated until after the 10th December this year as I really need to study for exams, whereas last year EVERYTHING WAS UP ON THE 1ST. And the only reason it was up so early and I was so excited was because it was my first Christmas living away from home (aside from the fact that I went home for the actual Christmas part). 

And there will be Winter Wonderland to attend to in Edinburgh's Princes Street Gardens which is always, always fun. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment