Pages

5 November 2010

Kian and Fridge/Facebook Disappointment

Kian is a very new member of the family, an absolutely gorgeous new member of the family. He is my nephew and was born at 2.17pm on Monday 1st November and he's so tiny. Because he's so young all he can really do is sleep, cry, and poop but still. He is so lovely when he is just sleeping in your arms. My sister and her husband will be such excellent parents, too. 


Can I take him home? Thanks.

When I was a baby apparently I was like, a ball. I was two months premature and by god, I reaaally made up for it, I would eat everything I could - this is evident in Christmas home videos. I wonder if Kian will take after his aunty?

Recently I've begun to notice something, Facebook is almost like the Internet equivalent to the fridge. You know the story. You're hungry, so after finally getting up and walking through to the kitchen you open the fridge door and look around to see if there is anything you might actually enjoy eating. 

Upon finding nothing, you leave and go back to the seat you recently vacated, feeling disappointed and sad. 
 Thanks for nothing.

However five minutes later, still hungry, you start to think. Maybe.... maybe something has magically appeared in the fridge since you last opened the door, as if that's actually what happens. Hey, sometimes it worked when you were a kid and your mam would go shopping, the fridge would suddenly be filled with yummy goodness! You rush over to the fridge in excitement, open the door, only to be even more disappointed because you remember in that moment, you don't live at home anymore and there aren't magical fairies who just fill the fridge for you. 

You begin to wonder whether the lettuce that's browning a little at the edges would be worth it and then remember, you don't even like lettuce, that's your boyfriend and you close the door and get a packet of crisps instead.

That's the cycle I do almost everytime I go into the kitchen. It's not like I don't try to change my diet. But nothing in that disappointing fridge is appetising. 

Facebook is like that now, am I the only one who notices this? You're on the internet, you're bored, maybe facebook has something to say? So you go on and you go to your homepage. Nope, nothing interesting happening there. Two minutes later you refresh (even though the page automatically updates for you) and nope, nothing's happened. Disappointment.

Disappointed Facebook, disappointed.

EDIT// Okay so I have noticed this post has been getting a lot of attention, today it's had 63 page views alone which just doesn't happen for me. So I was wondering why is it so interesting to you readers? Leave a comment letting me know so I can provide more of this top notch stuff for you. (: 

7 comments:

  1. I have the exact same feeling about Facebook. Congrats on the nephew too, what a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! He is so adorable!

    And I know, I complain about it but I still do it... just like the fridge thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "all he can really do is sleep, cry, and poop" hahahaha couldn't stop laughing xD
    nip down at your blog as often as i can, hoping to find some new posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha aww thanks Flo! Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. naah not yet. i wanna make one when i'm abroad for six months next year :D
    just so that everyone can ensure that i'm safe & alive hahaha.
    but it'll be in german so it won't help you a lot ;D
    btw we haven't written for a long time 0o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well when you start up a blog let me know! I'll put it up there in the 'things I like' and I understand a fair amount of German (plus my browser translates foreign pages into english for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll definitely do so ;D
    hope you can understand at least a bit of it :D
    but i have faith in your knowledge of german ^^

    ReplyDelete