Pages

11 November 2010

When I Go Shopping....

Okay so when I was little, I used to hate when my mam went shopping. I hated it. She never followed a list, so it would be like wandering around every single aisle for ages and ages, it felt like she had to look at every single item in the shop before deciding what she was getting and not getting, obviously it wasn't that bad but when you're a kid an hour spent in the shops feels like FOREVER. 


As I got older I quite enjoyed going shopping with mam because it meant I could try and get stuff for myself (junk food) or maybe sneak it into the trolley as if she wasn't going to notice it when she got to the checkout (she always did). 


But then. When I was going to be moving out on my own for the very first time, when Nicky, my boyfriend and I decided to move in together I started to realise I am going to be doing my very own shopping. And I don't know why but I was REALLY excited by this. I was so excited and freakin' ecstatic to be doing my own shopping I started paying attention to every single item in the shops, so I knew what I was going to want when I got to the point where it would be me. 


I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED RIGHT NOW!

Anyway, so then when we did move in together naturally after we had unpacked one of the first things we did was head down to the 24 hour supermarket down the road and get some food. It was so exciting. We bought so many things we practically needed two trolleys and it still wasn't enough, I just wanted it all. Am I excited by simple things? HELL YES.

So we did a shopping last night, and now after living together for a year shopping has become a bit of a chore, it loses the excitement when you've done it a million times and can't afford to buy whatever you want without worrying about it. We came out with the most random list of things, ever. 

- 3 bottles of wine 
- box of diet coke
- a Pudsey t-shirt for children in need
- a Pudsey teddy bear
- a birthday cake (not kidding)
- 2 cadbury chocolate trifles
- 2 christmas scented candles
- 3 pizza's
- a bag of frozen sausages
- tresemme shampoo
- 2 hobnob chocolate biscuit packets
- 2 advent calenders
- kitchen roll

There may have been more but I can't remember it right now, I remember the bags being heavy on the way to the bus though. 

Has nobody ever patented a bag that can carry itself?


What's it like when you go shopping? Are you as bad as me? Or are you one of those fantastically sensible people who manages to get only what they need and nothing else?

2 comments: